Welcome to the Hudson Valley Soccer Referee Association!
Our organization is dedicated to educating, supporting and promoting the abilities of youth and adult soccer officials serving the Mid-Hudson Valley region.
Our mission is to:
1. Promote the general welfare of its membership;
2. Promote a better understanding of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) Laws of the Game among players, coaches, referees;
3. Provide its membership with information, instruction, and mentoring to improve their abilities in soccer officiating;
4. Encourage and support the members to upgrade with an avenue for upgrading under the USSF guidelines;
5. Recruit, train and support new referees.
We also require our members to adhere to the USSF Referee Code of Ethics. They are all equally important, and reads thusly:
I will maintain the utmost respect for the game of soccer; I will conduct myself honorably at all times and maintain dignity of my position; I will always honor an assignment or any other contractual obligation; I will attend training meetings and clinics so as to know the Laws of the Game, their proper interpretation and their application; I will always strive to achieve maximum team work with my fellow officials; I will be loyal to my fellow officials and never knowingly promote criticism of them; I will be in good physical condition; I will control the players effectively by being courteous and considerate without sacrificing fairness; I will do the utmost to assist my fellow officials to better themselves and their work; I will not make statements about any games except to clarify an interpretation of the Laws of the Game; I will not discriminate against nor take undue advantage of any individual group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin; I consider it a privilege to be part of the US Soccer Federation and my actions will reflect credit upon that organization and its affiliates.